Saturday, January 30, 2010

Moving Ahead

It's a new year with new ideas, new opportunities, new ways to frame my life. That is the approach I am aiming for. I feel very secure in my relationship with my lover. (As far as any relationship can be secure, I guess.) I still hurt and feel lost when he is with his other lover, but I no longer see it as unbearable, and it isn't as achingly painful as it used to be. I see it more as something I just have to deal with, and something that will gradually ease as time goes by.



I read Tristan Taormina's book, "Opening Up" a few months ago, and went back to it yesterday. I found all the places I had underlined and starred, and it was such a help to draw my attention back to areas where I had been sloppy. In other words, she makes a lot of sense and I believe what she says, and it gives me hope and strength to read it, but when I get away from her logic and her wisdom, the old habits and fears return. That's sloppy. It is too easy to fall into the negative, all too easy. Staying positive and upbeat takes effort for me when he is with her, so I need to beware and not be lazy.



So, new effort, new resolve. New Year.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you find a way to not only open your heart to his love being bigger than the two of you, and find a way to also share the same... that you find love in every place you can, and open yourself to other lovers :)

    ReplyDelete